Saturday 28 April 2012

28th April 2012

Just been discussing Aydan's sleeping problems with a few lovely ladies on a forum I go on, as he wakes roughly every hour and a half through the night, drinks about 8ozs of milk, then goes back to sleep again! This is making a very tired mommy!

One of the ladies suggested that it might be apart of his epilepsy/TSC, and it had never occurred to me before, but I think she might be right!!

I did a bit of research and it seems that 90% of TSC patients have some kind if sleep disorder, something to do with them not going through the complete sleep cycle and the epilepsy waking them up.

It doesn't really say a lot about what they can do for them, some doctors will occasionally allow them to have sleeping tablets so that the parents can get some rest! But to be honest this horrifies me slightly! I don't want to give my baby drugs just so I can get a bit more sleep! Plus the sleeping pattern doesn't seem to affect him much as he's never really grumpy!!!

Will just have to accept the fact that I have a baby that doesn't sleep much, and try and work it with daddy so we can take shifts, and catch up on sleep that way.

Poor little man! But I expect that more things will start coming out of the woodwork as he gets older, and thankfully this doesn't seem to be an issue for Aydan, just a tired mommy! Lol

Seeing that beautiful smile every morning makes all the sleepless nights worth while :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment