Monday 10 September 2012

8th September 2012

Today we had some rather confusing news.

We knew back in April that he had a tumour in his heart, but we were told not to worry about it, and that it would have probably shrunk/disappeared by the time he's one, but we've just had a letter through from the consultant advising his GP of medicine increase, and under problems it says 'Cardiac Rhabdomyoma' and we have been referred for a scan in a few weeks, rather than the 6 months originally planed!

I don't know much about these, only from what I skim read earlier, but it doesn't sound great!

I'm keeping everything crossed that it is just a precaution and now that he is 16 months that it will have hopefully shrank/disappeared like they originally said!

His appointment to see his cardiology consultant is at the beginning of October.

I'm starting to think that the poor little man already has more consultants than I have seen in my life, and that is after 4 children!!

I have opened up another Just giving page, and this time donations will go to the Tuberous Sclerosis Association who help fund research into the condition.


TUBEROUS SCLEROSIS COMPLEX - WHAT IT COSTS
£68 will support 1 Hour of TSC Research
£98 will help us provide 1 Hour of Support Services
£507 will support 1 Day of TSC Research
£731 will help us provide 1 Day of Support Services
£2535 will support TSC Research projects for 1 Week



Thought I would cheer this blog post up a bit by adding a picture of Aydan wearing his pixie outfit my friend has made us for our wedding!

Here he is with his big brother!

Don't they look adorable?! :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment