Saturday 23 February 2013

19th January 2013

Today I managed to finish Aydan's crochet blanket that I have been working on for him.

He definitely has the best looking bed on the ward now :0)



Here is a very happy moment of daddy getting to have his first cuddles in nearly 2 months!



At the time of seeing this photo I wasn't aware of Aydan not being on the ventilator, but daddy later informed me that they had put him on a special thing called a Swedish nose, which from what I can gather is just a filter to stop particles in the air going directly into his lungs...

Well by the time I went to visit him it was 4pm and I could hear all his machines alarming as his sats had plummeted and he was really struggling to breathe, his lips had turned blue and he wasn't doing very well.

He'd only been on the Swedish nose for a few minutes, but it obviously hadn't helped him at all!!!

Needless to say he ended up back on ventilation and was still struggling.

I told his consultant of the day (I've only seen her twice) that I was not happy that they had put him on the Swedish nose, and he obviously wasn't going to be ready for it as he had only just struggled to come off a ventilator.

I found myself eating my words later on during that day, because a chest X-RAY has revealed that his ventilation/lung tube has been pushed in too far, and has been going into his right lung. His left lung is nearly a complete white-out again, and the collection of blood around it had built up again!!

To say I am heartbroken is the least!!

WEEKS we have been on this ward trying to get that left lung back healthy again, and now its back to being a white-out again. >:0(

He ended up having some of the general anesthetic gas (which stank and made me feel dizzy and have to leave the room) to have his tube pulled out a bit, and he has been put back on diuretics to try and suck out the blood around his lung.  

No comments:

Post a Comment