Wednesday 13 June 2012

13th June 2012

Managed to speak to Aydan's consultant today, I discussed the random twitching he's been doing lately that reminds me of drinking too much caffeine and he has asked me to put his medicine up to 2.5mls twice a day as a start.

He said that it could be because Aydan has put on weight and he isn't getting quite enough medicine for his body weight now, so he suggested putting it up by 0.5mls to see how he goes on.

I mentioned the fact that Aydan has also had constant loose stools lately and that he's exploding out of his nappy, at least twice a day, and did he think it was connected with the medicine? He said that it could be, but for now I've got to do the whole pot and wooden stick thing and take it to the doctors for sampling to rule out anything sinister!

Oh joy!! Lol

So I have started him on the higher dose of medicine tonight and I hope we get some results quickly.

In the mean time I'm cutting down on his wheat intake to see whether that improves his exploda nappy situation! Just something I'm trying myself, not something I've been asked to try!

2 comments:

  1. Surely it would be better to weigh Aydan first to see if he has gained weight? Consultants are strange :-S Hope the nappies improve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they did! They weighed him at the hospital 2 weeks ago but his consultant was on holiday for 2 weeks so they couldn't put his dose up without his consultants say so!
      Thank you :0)

      Delete