Saturday 12 January 2013

25th December 2012

So here it is!

CHRISTMAS DAY

A day where I have to put a brave face on for my children, while knowing that Aydan is really poorly in hospital and bleeding loads.

I don't really remember opening my presents, when asked later what I had I couldn't answer because I couldn't remember!

Just so long as the kids didn't notice something off then that is all that matters!

I have to say that our Xmas dinner was really nice. The staff on ICU had gone above and beyond and had organised that we could all go and eat our dinner next to Aydan's bed.

It was bizarrely a really nice meal considering the circumstances. (Pic below)

24 hours after Aydan had his operation had arrived and He was still losing on average 300mls of blood an hour through his chest drains, and no amount of platelets and cryo, blood etc. was helping.

Aydan had received nearly 5 litres of blood products in that 24 hours alone :0(

If Aydan survives, I will be donating as much blood as I can for as long as I can.

It's not until something like this happens that you realise how important it is to donate blood.

The decision was made to reopen Aydan's chest and to have a real good look around to see if there was a way of stopping the bleeding.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

*sigh*

This operation took 4 hours, and once again the whole ward had to be shut down!

I could tell by the look on some of the other parents faces that they weren't happy about this! I can understand in one way, it is Christmas after all!

But what annoyed me the most was having to comfort another couple!

I was leaving the ward after they shut it, and this couple got so hysterical that they thought something was wrong with their child, and I ended up comforting them!!

Well my readers will be pleased to know that Aydan once again survived his operation. :0)

Apparently they sprayed on loads of this special glue and packed in this special stuff that dissolves, all into his chest.

His bleeding dropped to 40ml an hour and I was so relieved!!

Here is little man after his operation.

The bandage isn't as big as I was imagining.



No comments:

Post a Comment