Tuesday 27 November 2012

27th November 2012

Today I got a bit of a shock when I went to see Aydan! He had one eye open and I could see teeth!!! Apparently it's because they have been working on dehydrating him. They said that when you are on the ECMO machine it leaves your body quite 'wet' on the inside, and also they are hoping that it will help the pools of internal bleeding he's been having!

Talking of the internal bleeding, they have done another ultrasound and have said that the pools inside his body don't seem to be getting any bigger, so I am going to take that as a very good sign!

An X-ray of his chest revealed that he has been getting more air back in the cavities in his chest. They haven't really specified what that means, but I can only imagine that its because either his lungs still have holes in them, or the chest drains aren't working very well!

The X-ray also showed that parts of his lungs were starting to go back grey again, which is a very good sign, it means that air is starting to get back in to them again!

Physio were also very impressed with his lungs, they say that every time they go to do physio that his lungs are moving more and more and they are getting more rubbish off! :0)

We have been told today that we are on high alert for chicken pox! I really hope that he doesn't get that! He's not strong enough to get that too! :0(

I have been given the task of massaging Aydans hands and feet from now on! That makes me feel special because I feel like I'm actually doing something! Apparently that'll help with the water retention he has in them!

The snowflakes in Aydan's tubes have now been renamed to 'the crystal garden' and have had staff coming and having a good old nosey! They are not sure it's a virus by-product after all! I always thought my little man would be very good at science! Tee hee!

I leave you all with the freaky picture of one eye open....

No comments:

Post a Comment